Trust Us For Your Chagrin Falls Dental Emergencies
Even the most conscientious of patients can experience dental emergencies in Chagrin Falls. When you’re in pain and your smile is at risk, call Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group at 440-708-0900. We set aside appointments for emergency care each day, so we will fit you into our schedule the same day in most cases. Drs. Richard and Kim, along with our expert team, will:Doctor Richard Slaten on Dental Emergancies Read Transcript
In a practice, dental emergencies can always be something you can change your schedule and make a stress on people.
We're lucky in that we have 10 rooms here. Usually three doctors and we have 14 employees. What that means is that there's always somebody that can help a patient out.
Our point is that when a patient calls, they're in pain, just get them in the door. If we have a chair, we're gonna get them in the door.
What can we do to help them? Sometimes it's a matter of giving them an antibiotic and something for their discomfort and then make it an appropriate time if it's gonna be a couple-hour appointment that you can't get in.
Other times, we've ... people … is an emergency a broken tooth, and it's on the front and they're going to something this weekend? It's certainly when you get around the holidays, you see that.
And again, we have technology that within an hour and a half, we can put a crown on that tooth. So it depends on the emergency. Our front team is there for the patients and will do whatever they can to change the schedule to accommodate whatever this person needs.
We're all in this together to help the patient. We've agreed to that. That's part of our vision. And so you'll find that our team just smiles and supports it.
So I think our practice is good at accommodating emergencies for those reasons.
- Get you out of pain quickly so you feel better. Sedation is available if you want.
- Treat your dental disaster and prevent further damage.
- Make any recommendations for repair to get your smile back into shape.
- Provide follow-up dental care for the long-term health and beauty of your smile.
Call 440-708-0900 now if you’re hurting! We’ll make sure you see a dentist as soon as possible. Our address is 16716 Chillicothe Road, Ste. 700 – across from Panera Bread.
Rely on Our Experience For Your Dental Crisis
In general, if your mouth is hurting, then we consider your situation an emergency. We want to help however we can. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we routinely treat, along with essential steps to take before you arrive at our office. As always, if you have a question, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Toothache – Don’t put off getting care for a hurting tooth. Rather than just a cavity, it could be a sign of a bigger problem, like an abscess. Rinse your mouth with warm salt water and use an ice pack to help with the swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Be sure to avoid touching the roots of the tooth. Put it in a container of milk or salt water and bring it with you to our office. It’s essential to call us as soon as possible for an appointment. Use ice to help with pain and swelling.
- Lost Filling – As a temporary measure, place a piece of sugar-free gum or dental cement where the filling was.
- Broken Tooth – Collect any broken pieces of tooth if you can, then call us for an appointment. An ice pack will help reduce any pain or swelling.
- Loose or Broken Crown – If possible, coat the inside surface of the crown with dental cement or toothpaste, then slip it back into place. If you can’t, then be sure to bring it with you to your appointment.