Expect Expert, Gentle Oral Surgery in Chagrin Falls
Most people don’t like to think about oral surgery in Chagrin Falls, but it is sometimes necessary for the health and beauty of your smile. The team at Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group will ensure your procedure goes as smoothly and comfortably as possible. Dr. Slaten and our crew have more than three decades of experience keeping our patients smiling. Our skilled care can:Doctor Ryan Slaten on Oral Surgery Read Transcript
We do everything we can in our practice to try not to take teeth out. But eventually there comes an inevitable time where you have to. Oftentimes people find the notion of this experience to be terrifying, but it doesn't have to be. Today in modern dentistry, we have many ways to make patients more comfortable and to make the experience much better. In our office, we offer things like (inaudible) gas, we can give anxiolytics and benzodiazepines, drugs like (inaudible) to help calm patients here.
We sedate patients in-office. And I think the easiest way to help patients through an experience like this is to give them a good experience with warm smiles, friendly faces, and to not use a drill. So we use something like the Solea dental laser to allow patients to have better healing periods and to not hear the drill spinning around in their head. When you have to have a tooth removed these days, we use a laser to simply go around the tooth and lightly remove the tissue around it to loosen it up.
And that way we don't have to pull the tooth, we can just gently lift the tooth. And what's left is called a tooth socket. The extraction socket sometimes has to be filled in with granular bone which is autogenous bone, or taken from humans, and they treat the bone in various ways to make sure that it's sterile. This bone looks a lot like little sand grains, and that bone eventually, once placed in the extraction socket, will integrate into your own bone.
So your own bone would completely replace this cadaver bone over time. Six months from the time of extraction, you would have your own fresh new bone, and the teeth around the extraction site are not affected by the fact that a tooth was pulled because of the bone graft.
- Restore your oral health and prevent further damage to your smile.
- Stop your pain and help you feel better.
- Help you avoid the need for more invasive and costly dental procedures later.
- Prepare your mouth for restorative or cosmetic work.
Sedation is available for nervous patients! Call the experts at Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group today for a consultation: 440-708-0900. Many patients in and around these ZIP codes have trusted their care to us: 44022, 44023, 44026, 44065, and 44072.
Rely on a Seasoned Dental Team For Your Oral Procedure
Over three and a half decades of dental practice, there’s not much Drs. Richard and Kim haven’t seen. That means we can treat you with expertise and compassion just like we have thousands of other Chagrin Falls patients. Here are a few oral surgery procedures available at Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group:
- Tooth Extraction – Tooth removal is always a last resort, but sometimes we have to extract a tooth to stop your pain and protect your healthy teeth and gums. You can rest assured your procedure will be as comfortable as possible. We’ll completely numb the area and make sure you don’t feel a thing.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Although wisdom teeth (sometimes called third molars) often come through with no problem, for some patients these teeth can become impacted and endanger their oral health. Our dentist can skillfully remove them and get your mouth back into shape.
- Bone Graft Procedure – Our patients love all the options that dental implants give them for tooth replacement. However, if a weak or deteriorated jaw is preventing you from getting implants, we can strengthen your bone with a graft. Synthetic bone material inserted into your jaw will stimulate the growth of new bone cells. In a few months, you’ll be ready for your implants.