Give Your Loved Ones Caring Family Dentistry in Chagrin Falls
When you need a new professional for your family dentistry in Chagrin Falls, count on the dentist office that five generations of local families have trusted – Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group. Dr. Richard Slaten, Dr. Kim Fury, and the rest of our team provide comprehensive dentistry in a compassionate and comfortable setting. Benefits of our family dental care include:Doctor Richard Slaten on Family Dentistry
- Modern dental office with technology like digital X-rays, CEREC same-day crowns, Spectra advanced cavity detection, and shot-free fillings with our Solea laser.
- Extended appointment times and large patient care rooms.
- “Dental dollars” for kids that they can redeem for prizes from our treasure box, miniature golf, ice cream, and more.
- Comfort amenities including sedation options, pillows, blankets, TVs, headphones, and streaming music.
- Peace of mind that your loved ones are receiving the best possible smile care.
Call us today to make appointments for your whole family: 440-708-0900. We’re located at 16716 Chillicothe Road, Ste. 700 – right next to the Goddard School, and only a short drive from schools like Gurney Elementary and Lewis Sands Elementary.
Simplify Your Life With One Experienced Family DentistDoctor Kim Fury on Family Dentistry Read Transcript
We see all ages from 1 to 100, and it's important that you bring your child as early as you can. We have a thing called a happy visit, and happy visits are to get your children to come in, usually one of the hygienists seats them, puts them in the chair, they show them the water syringe, but we let the child dictate what we're going to do. Some of them will jump right up in the chair, they're fine and they go through the whole thing, because we don't charge for it unless we actually do the dental health visit, check their teeth and do the prophy, but if they don't want to do it, they go out, they get to pick three toys out of the toy drawer, but I gotta tell you, they almost always when they come back in six months, they're excited because they had a good time, they weren't threatened, and they come right in and they're happy.
Some adults also need happy visits. So it's very important to bring in when they're young like that. Even if they come in with a sibling to watch the sibling. It just depends on the child. We try just to keep everything comfortable here, no matter what age you are, and just make sure that we've ... sit down, do the exam, have them come back and sit down in a consult room, show them what we gathered together to do the treatment plan and give them the treatment plan and make sure that we can answer your questions about it.
One thing that we don't do is have people come in and then just want to do the treatment right then. Unless it's like one or two fillings, or something like that, we still show them in the operatory what it looks like with the technology we have, so that you can expect that you'll be able to ask questions, know which we're going to be doing, and it doesn't matter what age you are, we do pretty much everything here between the five of us actually who are here.
Experience the family dental care that has kept Chagrin Falls smiling for so long. We encourage you to begin bringing your children to us at age 2. Their first visit will just be a “happy visit” to get them acquainted with us and our kid-friendly office. By age 3, their visits will more closely resemble your own dental appointments.
Below are a few types of treatments that you, your children, and the whole family can take advantage of. You’ll enjoy having so many different family dental services available in one convenient location!
- Topical Fluoride – Fluoride treatments will help reduce the risk of cavities and can even reverse early-stage tooth decay. These treatments are great for adults as well as kids.
- Dental Sealants – A thin plastic coating will help prevent cavities by creating a barrier between damaging bacteria and your tooth enamel. Children’s enamel is more permeable than adult enamel, so sealants are particularly important for young teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment – They’re not just for adults! A root canal can save your child’s baby tooth from extraction. Keeping their baby teeth intact helps guide their adult teeth into their proper positions – and potentially eliminates the need for orthodontics later on.
- Dental Bonding – Our dentist will use tooth-colored composite resin to quickly repair chips and minor fractures, common dental injuries that can cause social embarrassment.
- Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment – At around age 7, we can examine your child for any signs of orthodontic problems. Early treatment with fixed appliances such as palatal expanders can often help kids avoid full orthodontic treatment with braces.
- Custom Mouthguards – A professionally made mouthguard will protect your or your kids’ smiles from damage when playing sports. A custom mouthguard provides more protection and will fit better than one bought from a store.
We invite you to enjoy family dentistry in Chagrin Falls like you never have before! Call us today at 440-708-0900 to schedule appointments for everyone.