Straighten Your Smile With Chagrin Falls Orthodontics
Cleveland area residents have long trusted Dr. Richard Slaten for his orthodontics expertise. He completed a three-year program in orthodontic studies and is a founding member of the American Association for Functional Orthodontics. When you or a family member need help straightening a crooked smile, he and our team offer you several types of treatment and years of experience. Chagrin Falls orthodontics from Perfect-A-Smile Dental Group can:Doctor Richard Slaten on Orthodontics Read Transcript
Orthodontics is an interesting subject in dentistry today. Used to be people thought of orthodontics, wearing these metal braces for two years or longer. We have tooth-colored braces now and wires that are so flexible. We can get a awful lot, especially if somebody wants to just improve their front smile. We can do an awful lot of it in six months today. There's even clear trays that we can use. We've had combinations of using clear brackets and finishing with trays. It just depends on what the patient wants.
Now, a child who's growing, you're not just going to straighten their front teeth, you want to make sure that their bite is also proper form when they get older. There's a difference between a patient who comes in at 52. I've had retired teachers. They've had this bite for years and they're comfortable with it. They just want their smile to look better. That's a whole different situation than a growing child that could have all kinds of complications, if you don't correct that bite, as they’re growing.
We might go in, as many children are going for six months, and try to guide the growth in the proper way and then get out and let 'em grow for a couple years, and see if we have to finish other things up. When somebody mentions orthodontics, it's like, okay, what age do we have? What are we trying to accomplish? Is it just a couple teeth to move, or is it the whole jaw that needs to reposition in another place?
I love orthodontics. I think that's one of the reasons why. Not everybody's the same. Problem comes in. How do you solve that problem? That might come back from my math background. I think I enjoy the challenge of trying to find a solution to a problem. Orthodontics gives that to me.
- Deliver you a beautiful smile you’ll feel confident showing off.
- Make good oral hygiene easier to maintain.
- Correct a misaligned bite.
- Provide early treatment for your child’s alignment issues, helping avoid the need for full orthodontic care later on.
- Help improve your or your child’s overall self-esteem.
Schedule your orthodontics consultation today at 440-708-0900. Let us help you achieve a dazzling smile! You’ll find us at 16716 Chillicothe Road, Ste. 700.
You’ll Love Comfortable & Discreet Invisalign
Invisalign is our flagship orthodontics treatment. This cutting-edge system uses a series of clear plastic teeth aligners to gently straighten your teeth. Advantages of Invisalign treatment include:
- Smooth plastic trays that fit snugly over your teeth without using any metal.
- Nearly invisible teeth straightening that others may not even notice.
- Fast treatment that many patients complete in 12 months or less.
- Comfortable orthodontic care without brackets and wires that could irritate your mouth.
Visit us soon to find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign!
Explore All of Our Orthodontics Options
Besides Invisalign, we offer several other types of orthodontic treatment to get your smile into top shape. These include:
- Six Month Smiles – This treatment may be a great choice if your primary concern is aesthetics. Six Month Smiles focuses on straightening only the teeth that show when you smile. That makes your treatment time shorter and less expensive. Plus, clear brackets and tooth-colored wires mean more discreet orthodontic care.
- Clear Ceramic Braces – Your treatment will be similar to that of traditional metal braces, except that we’ll use tooth-colored brackets and ligatures (rubber bands) for a more attractive look. While a metal wire will still be required, it will barely be noticeable when you smile.
- Traditional Braces – This orthodontic method is probably what you’re most familiar with, as it has proven itself over the decades as an effective way to straighten crooked smiles, especially difficult cases that may require longer treatment times.
- Self-Ligating Braces – This type of braces has gained popularity in recent years because they often require less frequent office visits (every six weeks instead of every two to three weeks). Plus, many patients find them more comfortable than traditional braces. We’ll use special brackets that don’t need elastic or rubber bands, meaning less adjustment and more pleasant treatment.
- Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment – Beginning at age 7, we can examine your child’s mouth for proper tooth and jaw development. If any orthodontic problems are seen, professional treatment with appliances like palatal expanders can direct their tooth positioning and jaw growth. Early intervention can potentially eliminate the need for further orthodontic treatment later on.
Orthodontics in Chagrin Falls, paired with the experience of Dr. Richard, will transform your smile! Call us today to schedule your consultation: 440-708-0900.